- Both men and women need testosterone to feel their best. Men produce more testosterone, as it is needed for male fertility, muscle growth, energy, positive mood, restful sleep, and libido.
- Women also need testosterone, especially for muscle growth and maintenance, sex drive, energy, and bone strength.
- There has recently been an influx of advertisements selling prescription testosterone and pushing these products by making the American man feel inadequate and giving the impression that every man over 40 is suffering from “Low-T.” First, it is important to keep in mind that your body naturally produces less testosterone as you age. Nature did not intend for a 70-year-old man to produce the same amount of testosterone as a 20-year-old man. There are also external factors, such as stress, diet, environmental toxins, and sports-enhancing steroids that influence your testosterone levels and ability to produce testosterone.
- Dr. Carpenter first finds ways to enhance your body’s own testosterone-making ability. If necessary, he uses bioidentical testosterone in dosages unique to you. Unlike pharmaceutical testosterone, bioidentical testosterone matches what your body makes and does not carry the harmful side effects.
Take the Low Testosterone Symptoms Quiz to see if you may have low testosterone.
- Do you have a decrease in libido (sex drive)?
- Do you have a lack of energy?
- Do you have a decrease in strength and/or endurance?
- Have you lost height?
- Have you noticed a decrease in your enjoyment of life?
- Are you sad, grumpy, and/or irritable?
- Are your erections less strong?
- Do you often feel tired?
- Has there been a recent deterioration in your work performance?
- Have you noticed a decrease in beard growth?